Is your child having trouble reading?
The Reading Scholarship, administered by Step Up For Students, was created to help public school students in third through fifth grade who struggle with reading. The program offers parents access to education savings accounts, worth $500 each, to pay for tuition and fees related to part-time tutoring, summer and after-school literacy programs, instructional materials and curriculum related to reading or literacy.
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible for a Reading Scholarship Account your child must meet the following requirements for the 2020-21 school year:
- Currently enrolled in a Florida public school in third, fourth or fifth grade for the 2020-21 school year, and
- Scored a performance level 1 or 2 on the English Language Arts (ELA) test in the 2018-19 school year, or
- Enrolled in one of Florida’s 300 Lowest Performing Elementary Schools in 2018-19, or
- Enrolled in one of Florida’s elementary schools that earned a D or F school grade in 2018-19, or
- Identified in the 2019-20 school year as having substantial deficiency in reading based on their most recent available screening and progress monitoring assessment.
Students who are classified as English Language Learners, and who are enrolled in a program or receiving services that are specifically designed to meet the instructional needs of English Language Learner students, will receive priority.
Why choose High-Grade for Step Up?
You get the most for your money when you choose High-Grade Global as your Step Up reading provider. Your child will not only receive high-quality reading instruction during the summer or school year, but he/she will also get an additional six weeks of test prep free of cost during the spring right before the FSA ELA and end of year exams. This is an unbeatable deal!
Read more about Step Up for Students in English, Haitian-Creole, Portuguese and Spanish?
High-Grade Global Literacy Program is a balanced standard-based, multi-sensory literacy program offered after school, weekends, during the summer, and now online. The program provides an Individualized Literacy Plan for each student based on the results of our in-house pre-assessment. The program is specially designed for students who, studies indicate, have large reading gaps (ELLs, SWD’s, students from low socio-economic families). Our reading program features various resources that are aligned to the Florida State English Language Arts Standards.